I was living in a Working Women's PG. One day, the Care Taker was badmouthing one of my PG friends. It made me uncomfortable. I wanted to leave. I had a missed call in my phone from my another PG friend. Talking about calling her back, I left from there.
Next day, I went to the PG Owner to talk about something. That friend of mine, who was badmouth by the Care Taker, was already there. She asked me about that. I got shocked and said, "How do you know?" My shocking reaction confirmed her complaint. I asked her again that who told her. She said that she can't tell the name. Then I asked her that how did she know that I knew about it. She said, the same person who told her about that badmouthing.
After few days, I went to her and told her the name of the person who told her about that badmouthing. This time, she was shocked and said, "How do you know?" Instead of answering her, I asked her, "If this person knows that I was there, wouldn't I also know that who was there?" I continued, "Now tell me 1 thing. Do you really think that this person is actually your friend?" She said, "Yes, of course!" I asked her, "Why?" She got confused. I said, "If she was really offended by those bad words about you, why didn't she say anything herself at that time only? Why did she provoke you?" I saw her face. I said, "Today, she gossiped about someone else to you. Tomorrow, she'll definitely gossip about you to others."
A Real Friend will Never Provoke You by Gossiping about 'How Others Backbite You'. A True Friend will either Make Them Stop That Backbiting or Confront Such People In Your Favor. Someone, who Gossips about Others, is Not A Friend to Anyone. Such a Person is himself a Backbiter. Today, For You. Tomorrow, Against You. Stay Away from such people. They are Not Just Dangerous. They are Toxic.
No comments:
Post a Comment